I’m Sonja Boon, a researcher, writer, teacher, and Professor of Gender Studies at Memorial University.
On any given day you can find me:
- in a classroom having great critical conversations about all sorts of things with undergraduate and graduate students
- buried in the archives nosing out a story
- lost in a book of some sort, often feminist theory but also novels and memoirs
- at my desk in front of my computer writing
- near any flat surface with my markers, my pens, and my notebooks free writing, mapping out stories, and revising;
- baking something
- noodling away on one of my flutes
- convincing my teenagers that there is life beyond video games
- out for a walk or (in bad weather) sitting on my exercise bike convincing myself it’s a healthy thing to do even though it’s got to be one of the most boring things ever.
If you’re looking for a more official bio, you can find it here‘.
Header logo by Carina Nilsson.